Monday, 2 February 2009

Letter of application

Ruth Cupcake
201 Kings Road Arches
Brighton BN1
Great Britain

February 1st, 2009
Archaeologically Headquarters China
XYZ Archaeology
87 Pyramids Road
Xi’an, CA 08065
(909) 555-5555

Dear Sir/Madame,

Application for the archaeological excavations in China

I would like to apply for the job advertised in the magazine "as." . As requested I am enclosing a completed job application, my certification, my resume and four references.
The opportunity presented in this listing. I believe that my strong and early experiences with excavations and the following education and my knowledge of China will make me a very competitive candidate for this position. The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include:
  • I have successfully worked at excavations in Vorarlberg for five years.
  • With these experiences and the ECDL I have experiences in learning and working with universal surveying instruments.
  • I strive for continued excellence and patience.
  • I have been four times in China and learned much about their culture and language and I am interested in learning more.


    Please see my resume for additional information on my experience
    I can be reached Monday - Friday, 07:00am-10:00pm, via my cell phone111-111-1111. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my application with you. I look forward to hearing from you.

    Sincerely yours,
    Ruth Cupcake
Encl.: CV, References,...

1 comment:

Guenter said...

Also say when it was advertised.
I think "certification" in itself is not clear.
"The opportunity presented in this listing" C?? (incomplete sentence and unclear)
I have beeen in China four times (WO!)
China --> her (its) culture
I can be reached from Monday to Friday